Food Service SupervisorFull-Time
Location: 1222 Robson Street, Vancouver and 1222 Denman Street, Vancouver (Must be able to work at both locations)
Position: Full-Time (Must be able to work Weekends and Evenings)
The Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of the store’s non-production activities and including front staff supervision and training. Over and above opening and closing related duties and activities, the supervisor will perform general administrative and record-keeping activities, customer interactions and service, and general supervisory related activities.
- Opening and closing shifts
- Arm and disarm alarm systems
- Activate lights, sound, digital menu, computer system, POS systems, troubleshooting, and other technology
- Cleaning, sorting, assembling, defrosting, categorizing, and organizing
- Baking and product display
- Monitor temperatures and record-keeping
- Maintain, implement, and enforce food safe standards, procedures, and processes
- Record, monitor, direct, and communicate as necessary
- Coordinate with front staff, production staff, and management as required
- Serve customers and receive supplies
- Supervise and train front staff
Attributes and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education with a good command of
- The English language both oral and written
- General mathematics including weights and volumes in both metric and imperial
- People skills and effective communication
- Prior supervisor experience in similar sectors or relevant experience may be an asset
- Food Safe Certification 1 or higher (or recognized equivalent)
- Self-motivated with ability to work in unsupervised environment
- Prior experience in frozen desserts, gelato or ice cream, or coffee, may be an asset
- Well-rounded customer focus with problem solving ability
- Organized and systematic in action and thought
- Creative and able to work with technology including cloud based systems, and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Quick learner with receptiveness to constructive criticism and accountability traits
- Desire to grow both personally and professionally
- A ‘can do’ attitude with the willingness to do what it takes to support the company’s growth
- The job comprises of shift work that could vary from ‘AM’ to ‘PM’ and includes weekends and holidays.
- The job requires long periods of standing, lifting, carrying, and placing of gelato pans and other containers as required.
- Additionally, the job entails repetitive activities such as scooping of gelato as well as working around both cold and hot surfaces where methodical care and caution is essential.